Someone has to fail : the zero-sum game of public schooling / David F. Labaree.
Description: 1 online resource (304 pages)
Publisher: Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2010.
Most resources are available to all onsite at owning library unless resident access is indicated.
- Access for Bunker Hill Community College via EBSCOhost
- Access for Bunker Hill Community College via Ebook Central
- Access for Endicott College via EBSCOhost
- Access for Gordon College via EBSCOhost
- Access for Merrimack College via Ebook Central
- Access for Phillips Academy via Ebook Central
- Access for Salem State University via EBSCOhost
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780674058866
- ISBN: 0674058860
- ISBN: 9780674050686
- ISBN: 0674050681
Includes bibliographical references (pages 269-277) and index.
From citizens to consumers -- Founding the American school system -- The progressive effort to ... Read More
|Restrictions on Access:||
Access limited to residents of owning communities and students of owning institutions.
"What do we really want from schools? Only everything, in all its contradictions. Most of all, we ... Read More
|Source of Description:||
Print version record.
|Subject:||Educational change -- United States
Public schools -- United States
Students with social disabilities -- United States
Citation: Labaree, David F. "Someone has to fail : the zero-sum game of public schooling." Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2010.