- ISBN: 9780316098335 (hardcover) :
- ISBN: 0316098337 (hardcover) :
- ISBN: 9780316125086 (pbk. : international ed.)
- ISBN: 0316125083 (pbk. : international ed.)
- Description: ix, 321 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Little, Brown and Co., 2010.
- 21 of 31 copies available at NOBLE (All Libraries). (Show all copies)
- 0 of 3 copies available at Melrose.
0 current holds with 31 total copies.
|Library||Location||Call Number||Status||Due Date|
|Melrose||Adult Fiction (Main Floor)||Fiction Donoghue (Text to Phone)||Checked out||08/19/2016|
|Melrose||Display-Lobby||Fiction Donoghue (Text to Phone)||Checked out||08/09/2016|
|Melrose||Adult Fiction (Main Floor)||Fiction Donoghue (Text to Phone)||Checked out||08/05/2016|
|Summary:|| Narrator Jack and his mother, who was kidnapped seven years earlier when she was a 19-year-old college student, celebrate his fifth birthday. They live in a tiny, 11-foot-square soundproofed cell in a converted shed in the kidnapper's yard. The sociopath, whom Jack has dubbed Old Nick, visits at night, grudgingly doling out food and supplies. But Ma, as Jack calls her, proves to be resilient and resourceful--and attempts a nail-biting escape.
Search for related items by subject
Mother and child > Fiction.
Kidnapping > Fiction.
Psychopaths > Fiction.
Escapes > Fiction.