Heart Spring Mountain : a novel / Robin MacArthur.
Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (9hr., 05 min.)) : digital.
Publisher: [United States] : HarperAudio, 2018.
Distributor: Made available through hoopla
Most resources are available to all onsite at owning library unless resident access is indicated.
- Access for Beverly residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Beverly residents
- Access for Danvers residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Danvers residents
- Access for Gloucester residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Gloucester residents
- Access for Lynnfield residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Lynnfield residents
- Access for Peabody residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Peabody residents
- Access for Reading residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Reading residents
- Access for Salem residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Salem residents
- Access for Stoneham residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Stoneham residents
- Access for Wakefield residents via hoopla digital - Restricted to Wakefield residents
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780062797889 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 0062797883 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Edition: Unabridged.
|Restrictions on Access:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer:||Read by Suzanne Elise Freeman.|
|Summary:||In this evocative first novel, a young woman returns to her rural Vermont hometown in the wake of a devastating storm to search for her missing mother and unravel a powerful family secret. It's August 2011, and Tropical Storm Irene has just wreaked havoc on Vermont, flooding rivers and destroying homes. One thousand miles away-while tending bar in New Orleans-Vale receives a call and is told that her mother, Bonnie, has disappeared. Despite a years-long estrangement from Bonnie, Vale drops everything and returns home to look for her. Though the hometown Vale comes back to is not the one she left eight years earlier, she finds herself falling back into the lives of the family she thought she'd long since left behind. As Vale begins her search, the narrative opens up and pitches back and forth in time to follow three generations of women-a farming widow, a back-to-the-land dreamer, and an owl-loving hermit-as they seek love, bear children, and absorb losses. All the while, Vale's search has her unwittingly careening toward a family origin secret more stunning than she ever imagined. Written with a striking sense of place, Heart Spring Mountain is an arresting novel about returning home, finding hope in the dark, and of the power of the land-and the stories it harbors-to connect and to heal. It's also an absorbing exploration of the small fractures that can make families break-and the lasting ties that bind them together.|
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
|Subject:||Mothers and daughters -- Fiction
Missing persons -- Fiction
Hurricane Irene, 2011
Vermont -- Fiction
Citation: MacArthur, Robin. "Heart Spring Mountain : a novel." United States : HarperAudio, 2018.