Milkweed [downloadable e-book] : a novel / Jerry Spinelli.
Description: 1 online resource (208 p.)
Publisher: New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2003.
Most resources are available to all onsite at owning library unless resident access is indicated.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780375890376 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0375890378 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780375890376 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0375890378 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 9780375890376 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
- ISBN: 0375890378 (electronic bk. : Adobe Digital Editions)
He's a boy called Jew. Gypsy. Stopthief. Runt. Happy. Fast. Filthy son of Abraham. He's a boy who lives in the streets of Warsaw. He's a boy who steals food for himself and the other orphans. He's a boy who believes in bread, and mothers, and angels. He's a boy who wants to be a Nazi some day, with tall shiny jackboots and a gleaming Eagle hat of his own. Until the day that suddenly makes him change his mind. And when the trains come to empty the Jews from the ghetto of the damned, he's a boy who realizes it's safest of all to be nobody. Newbery Medalist Jerry Spinelli takes us to one of the most devastating settings imaginable--Nazi-occupied Warsaw of World War II--and tells a tale of heartbreak, hope, and survival through the bright eyes of a young orphan.
Electronic reproduction. New York : Random House Children's Books, 2003. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 472 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 249 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 302 KB).
Citation: Spinelli, Jerry. "Milkweed a novel." New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2003.