- ISBN: 9780316122702
- ISBN: 031612270X
- Description: x, 357 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Edition: 1st North American ed.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Little, Brown and Company, 2013.
- 13 of 13 copies available at NOBLE (All Libraries). (Show all copies)
- 0 of 0 copies available at Middlesex Community College.
0 current holds with 13 total copies.
|General Note:|| Originally published: London : Faber and Faber, 2012.
|Contents Note:|| Ghosts -- Abdullah -- The dining room -- visitors -- Classroom -- Carnero -- Summer holiday -- Books -- Brides of Christ -- Big time -- The literary Bessie Bunter -- The doll's house -- custody -- Nocturnes -- The sleeve of Saskia -- Chelsea -- The blank page -- The North -- New York, New York -- Donegal -- The night of time -- Wild horses -- Banquet.
|Summary:|| Edna O'Brien, the author of "The Country Girls" trilogy, "The Light of Evening," and "Byron in Love," portrays the events, people, emotions, and landscape that contributed to her rich and heady life. She is the recipient of the James Joyce Ulysses Medal, and an honorary member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
Search for related items by subject
Women authors, Irish > 20th century > Biography.