Killing them softly : a novel / George V. Higgins.
- ISBN: 9780307950796 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 0307950794 (pbk.)
- Description: 216 p. ; 20 cm.
- Edition: 1st Vintage Crime/Black Lizard ed.
- Publisher: New York : Vintage Books, 2011.
Search for related items by series
- 1 of 2 copies available at NOBLE (All Libraries). (Show all copies)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Salem.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Library||Location||Call Number||Status||Due Date|
|Salem||Adult Paperbacks||PB - BESTSELLER (Text to Phone)||Missing||-|
|General Note:|| Originally published under the title: Cogan's trade (New York : Knopf, 1974).
|Summary:|| Jackie Cogan is an enforcer, and when the mob's rules get broken, Cogan is called in to take care of business. This time a high-stakes card game has been held up by an unknown gang of thugs. Calculating, ruthless, businesslike, and with a shrewd sense of other people's weaknesses, Cogan plies his trade, moving among a variety of hoods, hangers-on, and big-timers, tracking those responsible, and returning "law and order" to the lawless Boston underworld.
Search for related items by subject
Boston (Mass.) > Fiction.