Slam school : learning through conflict in the hip-hop and spoken word classroom / Bronwen E. Low.
- ISBN: 9780804763653 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0804763658 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780804763660 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0804763666 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Description: xiii, 189 p. ; 24 cm
- Publisher: Stanford, CA : Stanford University Press, c2011.
- 2 of 2 copies available at NOBLE (All Libraries). (Show all copies)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Gordon College.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Library||Location||Call Number||Status||Due Date|
|Gordon College||Stack Level 3||LB 1631 .L69 2011 (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. -177) and index.
|Contents Note:|| Toward a critical hip-hop and spoken word pedagogy -- "Keepin' it real" : the discourse of authenticity and the challenge for hip-hop pedagogies -- The tale of the talent night rap : black popular culture in schools and the challenge of interpretation -- Making sense out of worlds that are different : race and hip-hop pedagogies -- Niggaz, bitches, and hoes : hip-hop nation language as limit-case for education -- Pedagogic futures for hip-hop and spoken word.
Search for related items by subject
Low, Bronwen E, "Slam school : learning through conflict in the hip-hop and spoken word classroom," Stanford, CA : Stanford University Press, c2011.