- ISBN: 0385722192 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 9780385722193 (pbk)
- Description: 260 p. ; 21 cm.
- Edition: 1st Anchor Books ed.
- Publisher: New York : Anchor Books, 2003, c2002.
- 4 copies at NOBLE (All Libraries). (Show all copies)
- 1 copy at Middlesex Community College.
0 current holds with 4 total copies.
|Library||Location||Call Number||Status||Due Date|
|Middlesex - Bedford Campus||Stacks||PS3566.A4554 L86 2002 (Text to phone)||Available||-|
|General Note:|| Originally published: London: Jonathan Cape, 2002.
|Summary:|| Investigating Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, journalist Carl Streator finds the same anthology of poems and rhymes at each child's bedside. The book is always opened to a specific African chant--a culling song that kills when recited, whether silently or aloud. Suddenly, Carl's knowledge of the chant makes him an involuntary serial murderer and he must learn to control himself, then remove all copies of the book from libraries across the country.
Search for related items by subject
Charms > Africa > Fiction.
Incantations > Fiction.
Journalists > Fiction.
Sudden infant death syndrome > Fiction.